It’s finally here, the new Nikon D800 DSLR. After months of online rumors and anticipation, Nikon just released the details of this much anticipated new full frame digital camera.
Also, visit the D800 microsite by Nikon.
You’ll soon be able to pre-order, stay tuned, I’ll post those shortly.
For a quick summary, this is what the new D800 features:
- 36 MP (7360 x 4912 resolution)
- FX Format (35.9 x 24mm)
- ISO 100-6,400 expandable to 25,600
- 3.2 inch LCD screen – 921,000 pixels
- 6fps continuous shooting (DX mode) and 4fps FX
- Full HD 1080p Video at 24/25/30 fps and 720p 24/25/30/60 fps
- Live View/Movie recording
- Shutter rated to 200,000 actuations (cycles)
- 100% viewfinder coverage
- 51-point AF system w/face recognition
- 86k pixels RGB sensor
- Dual memory card slots – SD/CF
- High-speed USB 3.0 transfer
- Uncompressed HDMI video out
Nikon D800 Video
For D700 users, the D800 announcement couldn’t come soon enough. Honestly, I think Nikon slipped a bit and waited a little too long to get this one out.
Will this be the camera to own for studio work? I know many who have been waiting for this day. Stay tuned for more soon.