It’s no secret that many pro photographers and especially photography review sites (like this one) rent camera equipment on a regular basis. Yes, I spilled the beans, here on this site I occasionally rent camera’s and lenses for personal use as well as to write reviews. Most local camera shops have a rental department, but I only use the best place to rent camera equipment; Borrowlenses.
First allow me to share why I rent camera equipment instead of buying it:
- Testing – It’s a great way to “test” a lens or camera to see if it fits my needs.
- Cost – For a fraction of the cost (about 5% of the cost of the item), I can use a camera or lens for several days.
- Growth – Allows me to “grow” as a photographer by using equipment I otherwise could not afford.
- Latest equipment – I use the newest and latest equipment, allowing me to be up to date on new photo technology.
- Easy – it’s one of the easiest ways to rent photo equipment. From initial order to returning item.
- Inventory – The inventory of equipment is large and seems its continuously getting larger.
- Customer Service – Probably one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. Quick replies to emails and phone calls.
- Growth – The company seems to be in a growth mode, providing some local pickup locations in California for those not wanting to wait for mailed rental equipment. I suspect they will start making partnerships with other rental/camera shops in other states very soon.
- Affordable – You don’t need to be a pro to rent with them, the prices are very affordable, making it available to all.
- Canon, Nikon, Sony, Leica – No matter what major digital camera system you use, they carry it.
- Fun – I know it sounds silly, but these guys make renting equipment fun! See video below.
Check out this fun video by Borrowlenses.com: